Instagram
"To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower, Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour...." ~ William Blake.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Keeping Mindful Awareness Present in Food Choices: Buyer Beware!

So, this morning after my yoga session I went to grab a bowl of cereal. My eyes scanned the pantry and saw the sweet temptation of the kid cereal laden with sugar, or so I thought.  I saw my Special K and decided to stick to my guns, but something made me pause.  I gazed at the side panel and began to peruse the ingredient list and a little disappointed in the amount of protein: 2 grams. It was the same as Captain Crunch! And then I looked further at the three cereal choices I had and the shock continued...
The Special K has a list on the front of the box (right corner hidden in picture) and it lists folic acid as a highlight.  Well, the so-called healthy cereal has 35%, Captain Crunch 100% and Mini Wheats 50%! I usually look at a few key areas: sugar, vitamins, fiber, protein and sometimes calories.

I can't believe I was duped! Darn you Special K!  I even eat that cereal because it reminds me of a dear friend, one of my special au pairs from Chile, Fernanda.
I know these are not organic and I strive to eat healthy, but I don't go overboard.  I am a pescetarian (I eat only fish, no other meat) and I do eat dairy, one of my favorite foods.  Well, cheese, that is.  I tried once to give it up and it lasted a day. I do not struggle with weight so I fear if I did give it up I would whither away.
Anyhow, the facts are out!  They have always been there just waiting for me to read them. Blatant. Good thing I use my certified pure therapeutic grade doTERRA essential oils for overall wellness!  I strengthen my immune system on a regular basis, detox and purify my home, life, studio, laundry and more!
To find out more about doTERRA, check out my site!

Namaste ~ MJ